As our 'homework' requirements are minimal, I decided to make a portable homework caddy as opposed to a station using a desk or shelf. After a bit of investigating, I realised the tin bucket from Kmart that can be purchased for around $10 which is the same container I used for my Cleaning Caddy, was the perfect choice. The bucket has a sturdy handle and fits an A4 file folder perfectly and all I needed to do to get it ready was remove the 'clean' label on the side with acetone free nail polish remover. I also added a cute little Martha Stewart bookplate label holder.
- School folder - containing reading diary and home reading book brought home each day
- 2 file folders labelled Baden and MISC - holding dotted thirds lined paper and other blank paper and additional worksheets etc
- Plastic storage folder : for things to do - currently contains a scrapbook sent home from school to have cover pasted on and needs to be covered with clear contact
- Tin bucket to hold pencils; pens; ruler; sharpener etc
- Crayola dry erase learning cards - alphabet and numeracy. These are additional activities we do at home to reinforce learning at school.
As time goes on and he settles in with full time school demands, I will add additional home workbooks and activities to the caddy, again to support school learning.
Hoping this is going to help keep homework organised and help establish good homework habits. Do you have a homework caddy or specific area in your home where you keep all these things together?