I certainly like to live in a clean home but like many people, procrastinate about the household cleaning tasks!
I need to try and establish a better routine for cleaning so that I stay on top of it and avoid having a build up of jobs to do on days when
I need to and would rather be doing other things.
From searching online for tips and ideas about home cleaning routines, I have come up with the following guidelines I would like to adopt if possible:
1. Avoid weekend cleaning tasks wherever possible - to maximise family time AND we tend to do 'outside' jobs like gardening/pool maintenance etc then anyways
2. Try to do at least 1 load of washing each weekday in addition to towels and sheets once a week on different days
3. Fold and put away clean washing ASAP after it being taken off the line
4. Attempt to get 'physical' cleaning tasks done BEFORE lunchtime each day - other than collecting clothes off the line and folding - to allow time for dinner preparation, other baking, playing with the children etc. ALSO my youngest still sleeps over lunchtime so I attempt not to 'bang around' too much in that end of the house during this time
5. Iron once a week to keep on top of it, whilst children are watching TV or not requiring 100% of my attention!
This is one 'Chores' guide I found online with some food for thought. I do think it is a very detailed list of pretty much everything that needs to be done, I don't necessarily think I would do all of them EVERY week but is a good guide nonetheless.
So from all of this I decided to create my own very simple
Cleaning Planner schedule to use for our household.
I have printed it off and written on the tasks to be completed on the allocated days.
I will trial this for a week or two and then revise it.
I haven't included these tasks on my schedule because I basically do the following each day:
Wipe over kitchen benches/table and other surfaces in bathroom etc
Sweep living area floor
General tidy - put away toys, put clothes away etc
These tasks have been allocated to days on my schedule:
Vacuuming and moping
Kitchen - clean out fridge, microwave, stove top and oven, tidy cupboards and pantry
Dusting and cobwebs
Wipe of surfaces
Clean bathroom, toilet and laundry
Empty and wash out bins, collect papers
Washing - at least one load daily (on weekdays)
Wednesdays have been left free because I work
and I have left weekends entirely free except ironing on a Sunday.
What I've chosen to do on what days is really immaterial as everyones requirements are different depending on your house, its occupants and your routines!
Understandably this 'schedule' will need to be flexible.
I certainly won't be thinking " Were NOT going to playgroup or visiting friends because I have to get my cleaning schedule done!"
Here is my schedule printed off, which at this stage will live in
my Kitchen Organiser Station.
I'm going to give a try starting Monday
and hope it helps me be a little more organised house with cleaning!
PRINTABLES are for personal use only.
Unless stated otherwise,printables from The HOME She Made are Copyright © Clare Crapella
I am so happy to share printables with you but please provide the link back to the blog post and not to the downloadable file.